Janani Surakha Yojana
Janani Surakha Yojana(JSY) is a centrally sponsored scheme under NRHM umbrella to benefit pregnant women & certified poor families.
- To decrease maternal mortality rate & infant mortality rate.
- To increase Institutional deliveries amongst BPL & poor families.
BeneficiaryWomen of BPL / APL families.
Eligibility Criteria (New Guidelines)
GUIDELINEDuties of ASHA - Sahyogini:
- Registration of eligible beneficiary.
- Antenatal checkup (3 times)
- Arrange referral transport, Escort her to health facility & facilitate cash assistance from PHC / CHC / DH.
- Post natal checkup (2 times).
A Nodal officer has been appointed in each district to implement this scheme effectively.
Last Updated on 02.07.2008